We currently have the following Board committees:
A Membership Committee, whose remit is:
– to identify, on a strategic basis, market segments and geographies in which CREFC Europe may be under-represented and individual firms which should be specifically encouraged to join;
– to oversee and approve the membership materials used by CREFC Europe in seeking new members; and
– to provide introductions and support to the executive team in developing relationships with prospective member organisations
It is chaired by Dale Lattanzio of DRC Capital.
An Events Committee, whose remit is:
– to take a strategic, one-to-three year view of our conference planning, covering issues like the number and length of conferences, possible joint events with other organisations, potential differentiation between our conferences (e.g. specific themes or target audiences), venues (cheaper member space versus more versatile commercial space) and locations (e.g. in continental Europe);
– to select conference co-chairs for individual conferences and provide high-level oversight, guidance and support for individual conference planning by conference co-chairs; and
– on an ad hoc basis, to identify and suggest topical subjects and speakers for seminars (noting, however, that the seminar series, like the educational mornings that are likely to continue opening our conferences, will mostly be overseen by the Education Committee).
It is chaired by Charles Roberts of Paul Hastings (Europe) LLP and Emma Huepfl of Laxfield Capital Ltd.
An Education Committee, whose remit is:
– to lead and oversee executive training offered by CREFC Europe;
– to plan educational seminars and the structure and content of the educational element at our Spring and Autumn Conferences; and
– to help us engage with universities, academics and students, for example through educational seminars, networking events, signposting into the industry, etc.
It is chaired by Andreas Wuermeling of pbb and Klaus Betz-Vais of Lloyds Banking Group.
A Nominating Committee is formed each year to identify candidates for the chairmanship and the Board more generally. This year, the committee is chaired by Peter Hansell of Cairn Capital and also includes Emma Huepfl of Laxfield Capital, Andreas Wuermeling of pbb and Madeleine McDougall of Lloyds Banking Group.