- This event has passed.
After work seminar – Unlocking the barriers – Financing Build-to-Rent
5 April 2017 @ 17:30 - 20:30
Unlocking the barriers – Financing Build-to-Rent
Wednesday 5 April 2017
Ropes & Gray LLP, 60 Ludgate Hill, London EC4M 7AW
17:30 – 18:00 Registration
18:00 – 19:15 Financing Build-to-Rent – an industry discussion led by Partha Pal/Carol Hopper, Ropes & Gray LLP
19:15 – 20:30 Networking reception
We would like to invite you to join industry participants at our first session on financing the UK’s emerging residential build-to-rent (BTR) sector.
The evening will provide a platform for sponsors, lenders and advisers to discuss how this important new asset class – and emerging element of the UK’s housing landscape – needs to be, and can be, financed. We are departing from our usual panel discussion format to encourage broader participation among a wider range of informed industry professionals from across the sector.There has been considerable discussion in recent months (and years) about barriers to BTR and an institutional residential private rented sector (PRS) in the UK – but lenders and the role of finance have mostly stayed on the sidelines. This discussion seminar is an excellent opportunity for lenders and borrowers to come together and share experiences, perspectives and concerns, as well as to network before and after the formal proceedings.
This seminar is a companion piece to the recently-launched CREFC Europe working group on financing BTR and the PRS. We expect this to become an increasingly important part of the UK CRE finance market.
Confirmed participants on the evening will be:
- Clive Bull, Director, Deutsche Bank
- Ciaran Singh, Principal, DRC Capital
- Lee Franklin, Head of Real Estate Structured Lending, RBS
- Richard Green, PRS Portfolio Manager, Venn Partners
- Stacey Flor, Managing Director of CRE UK, Wells Fargo Bank
- Richard Jackson, Managing Director, Apache Capital Partners
- Meiko Schmidt, Investment Associate, Greystar
- Cath Webster, Strategic Finance and Investment Director, Quintain Ltd