- This event has passed.
Educational Morning, Autumn Conference
9 November 2015 @ 09:30
09:00 – 18:00 Registration Open
09:30 – 10:45 Sector specific overview – Understanding retail
• How retail is changing
• Market dynamics – the prospects and things to watch out for
• The retailers strategy uncovered
• Attracting tenants who are still rationalising the need for physical space
• The role of logistics – are e-retailers changing the market?
• Lending against retail assets
Moderators: James Brown, Head of European Retail Research, JLL
Peter Williams, Chairman, BooHoo.com
Michael Kenney, Managing Director, Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG
Jeremy Eddy, Head of Real Capital Markets, JLL
Peter Cole, Chief Investment Officer, Hammerson Plc
10:45 – 11:15 Networking Break
11:15 – 12:30 The peak of the cycle: Are we there?
• Length of the property cycle
• Occupational markets, investment and development markets
• Data and metrics to watch including yields over gilts, construction costs, inflation etc.
• Frothy warning signs – land banking, speculative development, weight and providence of money etc.
Moderator: Ian Goldsworthy, Relationship Director – Listed Commercial Real Estate, Lloyds Commercial Banking
Ruth Hollies, Director – UK Research, CBRE Ltd
Simon Baynham, Property Director, Howard de Walden Estate
Rajesh Shah, Transaction Director, Quintain Estates & Development Plc
These educational sessions are aimed at junior market participants and students; they are complimentary for CREFC Europe members and full time students with a real estate finance focus.
Non-members are invited to attend at a nominal price of £120 + VAT (bulk discounts available).
All those interested must pre-register. Walk-in registration will not be available for the above sessions.
Please note that access to the above sessions is separate from the main CREFC Europe Autumn Conference.