- This event has passed.
Morning seminar – Real Estate Lending and Sustainability: The Case for Better Risk Management
5 November 2015 @ 08:30
Real estate debt finance has seen a rapid rise in popularity as a new asset class. In 2014, loan origination across Europe increased by 55% with 45% of that secured on assets in the UK.
In recent years sustainability risks and drivers have had a transformational impact on the way equity investors approach real estate investments. With many institutions and private equity firms increasingly focused on lending as an additional form of real estate exposure, sustainability issues have to be considered from a new angle. In particular, environmental policy instruments, in the form of Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards, and market drivers, such as the inaugural GRESB Debt Survey, are attracting lenders’ attention.
How well prepared are you in understanding and managing the sustainability risks associated with real estate debt investments?
Join us for a breakfast session to hear about the sustainability risks lenders face and how the industry can adapt to incorporate new mitigation strategies. Space is limited, so please register early.
Thursday 5 November 08:00 – 10:30
08:00 – 08:30 Registration and Networking
08:30 – 10:00 Presentations and Panel Discussion;
Followed by networking coffee
• ESG Risks in Real Estate Lending in the UK, presented by BBP
• GRESB Debt Survey Results, Sara Anzinger, Manager Real Estate Debt & Fixed Income, GRESB
• Panel Discussion and Q&A led by Peter Cosmetatos, CEO, CREFC Europe
Confirmed panellists include:
• James Bretten, Director Corporate Real Estate Finance, Royal Bank of Scotland
• Colin Humphries, Assistant Portfolio Manager, UBS Asset Management Global Real Estate – Debt Funds
• David Short, Chairman, BBP Commercial Real Estate Lending Working
Location: RBS, 250 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 4AA
Registration: Click here to RSVP
For more information please contact Rumyana Hristova at firstname.lastname@example.org