- This event has passed.
Webinars on the impact of coronavirus on leases across Europe in association with Clifford Chance – 18th June – Southern Europe
18 June @ 12:00 - 13:30
Join us as we focus on the impact of Coronavirus affected leases across Europe. The first webinar (16 June) will focus on Northern Europe (Germany, the UK and the Netherlands). The second session (18 June) will concentrate on Southern Europe (France, Italy and Spain).
Key topics include:
- Summary of Covid-19 Government intervention on landlord and tenant rights under leases
- Impact on market for tenants – rent deferrals, rent waivers, re-geared leases, etc.
- Impact on market for landlords – retail, hotels/conference/leisure in particular but the market generally, including their willingness to agree revised terms
- Impact on lenders to landlords – covenant breaches, interest deferrals, government policy, emergency laws, etc.
- Summary of Covid-19 Government intervention on creditor rights (principally focusing on lenders)
The sessions will be delivered via Clifford Chance’s digital experience platform ON24.
Duration of each session: 1 hour
Session 1: Tuesday 16 June 12pm BST / 1pm CET
UK – Andrew Carnegie, Partner, Clifford Chance & Alistair Brown, International Partner, Head of London Markets, Cushman & Wakefield
Netherlands – Liesbeth Buiter, Partner, Clifford Chance & Ed Fitch, Partner with the EMEA Hospitality team, Cushman & Wakefield
Germany – Dr Kristina Jaeger, Partner, Clifford Chance & Alexander Koblischek, Managing Director, RFR Management GmbH
Session 2: Thursday 18 June 12pm BST / 1pm CET
France – Alexandre Couturier, Partner, Clifford Chance & Catherine Martin, Director of Fund Management, Primonial REIM
Italy – Giuseppe De Palma, Managing Partner, Clifford Chance & Luca Malighetti, Managing Director, Varde
Spain – Carlos Portocarrero, Partner, Clifford Chance & Susana Rodríguez, Chief Commercial Officer, Savills Aguirre Newman
Non-members are invited to join for free if your firm signs up to our 3 month membership taster. The taster was launched on 1 June.