Who we are
The Commercial Real Estate Finance Council (CREFC) Europe is the trade association for commercial real estate (CRE) lenders and debt investors in Europe.
- We are a non-profit association offering our members opportunities to network, collaborate and learn, and to help shape the European CRE debt market and its regulatory framework.
- Some 110 current members include commercial and investment banks, insurance firms and debt funds, CRE debt investors, rating agencies, loan servicers, law firms, accountancy firms and other specialist advisers.
What we do
As the collective voice of the industry, CREFC Europe seeks to lead on the regulatory, best practice and education aspects of CRE finance. In particular, we:
- Provide information, education and networking opportunities to members and other market participants
- Enable junior professionals with less than 10 years industry experience to join and play an active role in YPREF. A group which provides communication, education, support and networking within the REF industry young professional community and beyond
- Give our industry a voice with regulators and policymakers, helping them understand its function and how it works, so as to reduce the risk of policy errors and unintended consequences
- Promote our industry among borrowers, capital providers, and in the media, collaborating with other industry organisations where appropriate
- Take a strategic, holistic approach to promote conditions that allow market participants to prosper while supporting the real economy and delivering returns to investors.
Our activities are conducted in compliance with our competition policy.