Who we are
The Commercial Real Estate Finance Council (CREFC) Europe is the trade association for commercial real estate (CRE) finance in Europe.
- We are a non-profit association offering our members opportunities to network, collaborate and learn, and to help shape the European CRE debt market and understand and influence its regulatory framework.
- Some 120 corporate members include banks, insurance firms and debt funds, CRE debt investors, rating agencies, loan servicers, law firms, accountancy firms, debt and other specialist advisers, as well as a growing group of real estate firms (i.e. borrowers/sponsors).
What we do
As the collective voice of the industry, CREFC Europe seeks to lead on the regulatory, best practice and education aspects of CRE finance. In particular, we:
- Provide information, professional development and networking opportunities to members and other market participants
- Enable those with up to 10 years’ industry experience to connect and learn through YPREF, our network for young professionals in real estate finance
- Advocate for our industry to regulators and policymakers to support better policymaking, and provide feedback to members about policy dialogues
- Promote our industry among borrowers and capital providers and in the media, collaborating with other industry organisations where appropriate
- Take a strategic, holistic approach to promote conditions that allow market participants to prosper and adapt in a changing and uncertain world, while supporting the real economy responsibly and delivering returns to investors.
Benefits of membership
Membership offers a chance to be part of the conversation that helps shape the industry’s future.
- Membership is corporate so all staff can benefit and participate in our activities
- Attendance free of charge at our seminars and (for Investor Members only) conferences
- Access to invitation-only events, including our annual summer reception
- Preferential rates to attend our conferences (and those of our sister organisation in the US)
- The ability to get involved in our committees and working groups, tackling a range of issues affecting our sector.
How can you benefit?
Market participants of all kinds can benefit from the opportunities CREFC Europe offers for information exchange, and to network, learn and collaborate.
Broad industry participation enables us, in turn, to advocate for our changing and diversifying sector as a whole, as well as on narrower policy issues.
CREFC Europe provides a framework for different constituencies and interest groups to interact, as well as a forum for everyone involved in CRE finance to come together and see the bigger picture. We provide a sense of identity for the CRE finance market.
- Banks and non-bank lenders can gain insights into the forces driving real estate markets, as well as differently regulated lenders, and interact with potential partners (lenders at different points in the capital stack, debt brokers and other advisers) and clients (whether borrowers or those to whom loans might be distributed).
- For advisers, CREFC Europe membership demonstrates commitment to the CRE finance market and offers access to a multi-disciplinary community with a broad focus on technical and commercial topics, as well as to opportunities to showcase expertise to and socialize with potential clients and others.
- For debt investors without their own lending platform (and those who advise them), CREFC Europe gives direct access to sector-specific specialist knowledge and opinion, reducing the danger of informational asymmetries.
- There is no shortage of membership organisations and events for property investors – but only at CREFC Europe will you find a primary focus on finance and full participation by a broad range of providers of credit and debt advisers.
- Investor Membership, available to passive debt investors and property investors (provided they do not have an origination platform), includes the additional benefit of complimentary access to our conferences.